Saturday, May 23, 2009

... early morning lake swims

wetsuit

today was our first day venturing into lake washington for early morning open water swimming this season. my memories of all the mornings out on the lake last summer are some of my happiest from the year, so i was thrilled at the prospect of starting up again.

however, you don't need me to tell you that in mid-may the water is not going to be warm. in fact, it is still very very very cold. bracing doesn't even begin to describe it.

that didn't stop us from enjoying it, though.

almost as enjoyable was our trip to bakery nouveau in west seattle afterwards for twice-baked chocolate croissants and coffee to warm up. oh my goodness, total heaven. and because i am such a great girlfriend (and because deb and chris f. were kind enough to spot me), i took one home for c and brought him breakfast in bed with a giant mug of hot tea.

twice baked chocolate croissant

happy morning, indeed.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely morning. I must say, the sight of a drying wet suit makes me so very happy. AND...early morning lake swims make me feel like a kid again.

    ReplyDelete