Tuesday, July 7, 2009

... strawberry frozen yogurt

strawberries

when life hands you a flat of strawberries, do you make strawberry lemonade? nope. you make strawberry frozen yogurt!

strawberries

our farm share mistakenly had us down for a bulk share, so last week a flat of strawberries showed up at the drop site with my name on it. naturally, i took it, right? because you can't let a flat of that much goodness go to waste.

strawberry frozen yogurt

my first inclination was to haul out the bestest ice cream cookbook ever, david lebovitz's the perfect scoop, and find a recipe for something frozen involving strawberries.

strawberry frozen yogurt

and it also gave me an opportunity to use my favorite kitchen gadget, the ice cream maker attachment for my kitchenaid stand mixer.

strawberry frozen yogurt

oh, so delicious.

strawberry frozen yogurt

so frosty frozen delicious.

3 comments:

  1. I've been wondering and wondering if I should buy the ice cream attachment, my hand hovering over the "Buy" button a couple of times...perhaps I shall now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do love mine, and I highly encourage you to get one, too! Making your own ice cream and frozen yogurt is the best. The only drawback is that it's the type that needs to be pre-frozen in the freezer before you use it. However, I just keep mine stored in the freezer since we have a little room, so it's always at the ready should I want to make ice cream. But I know that some people have a problem with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm....strawberries. i love strawberries. i love love love them. you can never go wrong with strawberries, and homemade strawberry ice cream/frozen yogurt sounds so dreamy. it looks so delicious and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete