Thursday, October 15, 2009

... my new slouchy beret

slouchy beret

though i have been knitting for over 17 years, i am ashamed to admit that i am like liz lemon in my knitting habits. every two years i take up knitting... for a week. it must be my time again, because i was recently inspired by this sweet girl so i decided to pick up my knitting needles again for a couple of new projects.

you know what i also love? ravelry! yes, i must be the last knitter in the world to discover it, but better late then never, no? and even more sadly, it was my non-knitting boyfriend who clued me into the awesomeness of ravelry. come visit me and see what i'm working on!

slouchy beret

what i just finished was the star crossed slouchy beret, which is my favorite new hat for the fall. mostly because i can pull it on over my ponytail bun and shove all my hair up inside it, which gives me a stupidly immense amount of pleasure. and i got to practice my cabling and used a skein of alpaca that my mom gave me a few years ago. it's super soft and cozy and just right. so right that i don't really care that i look a bit like a dirty hippie in it, either.

1 comment:

  1. What I will say for this is that the colour palette is unusual, and I personally think it replica watches well. Whether is actually want to look at it every day, I will sure. Then I caught rolex replica uk of those new antibiotic untreatable infections after the surgery. Got a bit tense for a while, had to spend a lot longer in rolex replica sale than initially thought. Still a lot of recuperation to go, even another operation still to come. More than replica watches uk its just so annoying because, I can drive, walk, or work for what seems like its going to be a while yet. I finally had me knees replaced last February, so I feel for you and know the replica watches you are traveling. Take care and heal as fast as possible. The dial, on the other hand, is a bit of a mess. Strangely graceless for the price of a brand 2017 replica watches. Okay, rolex replica uk interpretation is of old fashioned pocket watch style, is now a thing.

    ReplyDelete