Friday, November 27, 2009

... mexican hot chocolate

mexican chocolate

i love all things señor moose, but right now what i am really loving is the mexican hot chocolate, which i believe is a new addition to the menu (or one i had simply never noticed before).

but the thing is, i don't order it. c does. and then when he's done with it, and there's nothing but the dregs, which is really a big sludgy chocolate-fest at the bottom of his mug, i fill it up with coffee and cream from my cup and stir, which makes for the most delicious concoction ever.

4 comments:

  1. That looks wonderful!
    Senor Moose looks so great - Mexican food is not big in London, which is quite sad. But I'll have the platanos con azucar y canela, and a hot chocolate (of course!), por favor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks and sounds fabulous - both before and after your coffee mix-up. It is So Cold over here I have discovered another great winter drink. Ginger and chocolate! I mix up some chocolate powder with ginger syrup (I first tried it with some handmade syrup I bought at a market in France and then didn't know what to do with, but I've also made it with the syrup from a jar of preserved ginger, and it is equally good) and then make it up with hot water or hot milk depending on how indulgent I'm feeling. Warming, spicy, chocolatey yumness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, ginger cocoa sounds so good! i am going to try that next time i make hot chocolate. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Call us the next time you have a Moose hankering. We're minutes away!

    ReplyDelete