Sunday, January 24, 2010

... imperfect cake

cake top

sometimes everything goes well when baking. sometimes everything does not. sometimes all three of your cake layers flop. and sometimes you don't have enough frosting to cover all the mistakes.

sloppy carrot cake

but my new motto is "imperfect cake is still cake." (i would like to also embroider that on a pillow.)

pineapple

macadamia nuts

this carrot cake--with fresh pineapple, toasted macadamia nuts, coconut, and coconut cream cheese frosting--was a complete kitchen disaster from top to bottom.

sunken carrot cake

but it still tasted delicious. the whole gloppy, floppy, sloppy mess.

6 comments:

  1. doesn't look like a mess to me! Carrot cake is supposed to be rustic. :) And adding macadamias is genius--I always use pecans, but will have to switch things up next time. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, cake! That looks so delicious. My favourite coffee shop when I was at university in Scotland sold enormous pieces of the most delicious carrot cake that looked just like that. This cake could turn your day around. They then went under new management, closed for refurbishment for a couple of months and reopened with a horrible new decor and, worst of all, no more carrot cake!! Imperfect cake is most definitely still cake, but I think that cake looks pretty perfect actually. Yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious!! Imperfect cake is definitely still cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks delicious. I can only imagine how great macadamias in cake must be. I agree w/ your motto. Hey, did you know that today (January 27th) is National Chocolate Cake Day? http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/January/chocolatecakeday.htm So don't forget to celebrate today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this looks way too delicious right now. I'd love an imperfectly wonderful cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe it's taken me this long to click over to your page from Jeannette's! Love the cake, the quilting, the photos, everything.

    ReplyDelete