Monday, February 15, 2010

... my valentine

hearts

it has now become a valentine's day tradition in our house to make and decorate sugar cookies together. in heart shapes, naturally. no cookie cutters in this house, though. we like to cut out whatever heart shapes strike our fancy. the wonkier the better.

we also like to tint our royal icing with cherry juice. just puree some frozen cherries in the blender, then pass the mixture through a fine mesh sieve and add the juice to your icing recipe of choice. it makes such a soft, lovely pink, and it tastes so much better than food coloring.

tulips

my valentine also brought me some gorgeous pink tulips. lucky me!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that your hearts were made without cutters. Perfect!

    Those tulips are gorgeous and they make me feel REALLY ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the tulips and the frosting appear to be the same color. Tulips are my favorite flower, and these pink ones are absolutely splendid! I hope they bring you great joy!

    ReplyDelete