Sunday, April 11, 2010

... a good week

jacquie

i don't know about you, but i had a pretty good week. i got to meet jacquie of tallgrass prairie studio and admire her beautiful quilts in person.

jacquie

jacquie's selvage string quilt

including her truly amazing selvage quilt. wow.

jacquie

she came to speak at fabric crush in their new location in wallingford, which pleases me since it's now that much closer to my house.

also, i survived the first week of teaching for the spring quarter. and i'm happy to have such a terrific class of students. whew!

and i celebrated the end of the week with my neighbors, margaritas, and a surprisingly rowdy charades match.

and i went to my cousin's wedding, which was sweet and just perfect.

and today the sun finally broke through the clouds and rain (and hail!) we've been having lately here in seattle, and it was actually nice enough to sit outside and celebrate our friend dave's 40th birthday.

red letter day plus quilt

oh, and my red letter day plus quilt was featured as quilt of the day on sew, mama, sew! for quilting month. i am so insanely flattered and tickled by this, both by having my quilt chosen and the comments it received. reading some of those comments actually made me cry, they were so touching and lovely. i adore sew, mama, sew! and have been enjoying quilting month, so to see my second finished quilt ever on the site was a serious honor.

also a big hello and welcome to anyone who found their way over here from sew, mama, sew! i hope you can take a moment to say hi and introduce yourself.

here's to having another great week!

14 comments:

  1. I am a faithful (newer) follower of your blog, I hope you know how incredibly talented you are! Do you teaching quilting or teach in general?
    I loved your 'Red Letter Day' so much that I bought all the fabric to replicate it but am slightly scared by it so I just used a bunch of my Lizzy House fabric to make this quilt http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2009/12/raw-edge-circle-quilt-tutorial.html I am hoping it turns out well, going to give it a friend of mine who lives in Seattle and is having her first baby. Your work is amazing! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I was very excited to see your quilt on SMS--so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "hello" from one local to another. your quilt is amazing. congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your quilt over at SMS and fell in love so I had to come say hello. I think the colors and the intertwined pattern are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how exciting that you were featured! And deservedly so, your quilts are all so beautiful. Your fabric store looks lovely, we don't really have very many fabric stores in the UK so I am quite jealous.
    Margaritas and charades... perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. danielle: thank you so much! i don't teach quilting... i teach acupuncture! totally unrelated, huh? i noticed that circle quilt on cluck cluck sew a while back (and totally love it) and think it would be absolutely perfect for the red letter day fabrics. i would love to see how it turns out... you should let me know if you post pictures on flickr (or a blog?).

    joanna: your blog is so lovely, and oh my goodness, the bags that you make are completely amazing! the biscuit bag, in particular, has me completely smitten. wow.

    stephanie: so nice to meet you! loving your blog and all your drool-worthy photos. yarn and fabric and baked goods and books... oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! I am one of your new followers after finding you via Sew Mama Sew. I favorited several of your Flickr photos for future reference, and I absolutely DO have to make a plus quilt now... but only in brights like you did. I think that's the key, the mood, you know? Glad to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful red letter day quilt! I love it! And Jacquie is wonderful, isn't she? We're lucky to have her in the KC Modern Quilt Guild. Maybe you could come visit us for a meeting when you're in the KC area?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know what I love? That quilt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i stopped by from sew, mama, sew! and LOVE this quilt. i already have my summer quilt planned (i'm a teacher so everything is planned for the summer)...but i'm thinking this might just be my fall quilt. wow! BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too found your quilt on sew, mama, sew and fell in love with it. The colors are just gorgeous. I have only recently started to quilt and think this will be the first one I do for myself! I want that in my bedroom! It is way too nice to give away. Your blog is now in my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It has been fun to watch you learn to quilt, and start quilting so prolifically. Impressive! Also, how great that you're teaching--I had no idea that you were now a professor/supervisor of acupuncture. Cool! I have no doubt those students are lucky to have you as their teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete