Wednesday, April 28, 2010

... new fabric

i didn't mean to, but i just couldn't resist.

new fabric

i only intended to order some more modern meadow from sew, mama, sew!

new fabric

but then i saw all this. those alexander henry prints on the right are absolutely killing me. so bright. so lovely. and there's something about the highly saturated, candy colors of these patricia bravo sugar prints. pink! yellow! blue! yay!

new fabric

and, obviously, i couldn't resist throwing some nicey jane flowers in the basket to round things out.

new fabric

and then, wouldn't you know, i happened into esther's on bainbridge island last week and needed (needed, i tell you!) just a couple more little folks to add to the stash.

new fabric

and, i don't know exactly why, but these little kokka cars called to me from the shelf. i do find them just a little too cute, but then, i could probably use a little too cute in my life right now.

7 comments:

  1. MMMM yummy fabrics, I have been eyeing off some Nicey Jane myself, and those kokka cars are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I just bought some of the AH too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't resist the pull of the Modern Meadow, either! I bought the Sunflower Lake to add to my next quilt. I also just bound my last quilt with Nicey Jane Wash Day ticking. So cute! I can't wait to see what you do with that Alexander Henry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if you never figure out why you were drawn to the little kokka cars I'd be more than HAPPY to free your mind and take them off your hands! My boys would love it! =)

    That modern meadow stuff is so pretty! Don't you just love fabric shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kokka cars are adorable!

    Random question from a newish quilter starting to build up a fabric stash: when you see fabrics like these that you like but don't have a particular project in mind for, how much do you buy? A half yard, a yard? More?

    ReplyDelete
  6. j strizzy--hi! typically i buy a half yard if i don't have a plan for the project. i find that's enough, but not too much. if i find a fabric i absolutely love, i might buy as much as a yard. and sometimes i buy fat quarter bundles of new collections if i want a sampling of most of the fabrics (and also because it would be expensive to get half yard cuts of everything!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! That's helpful. Or not, depending on what my wallet has to say about it...

    ReplyDelete