Tuesday, May 25, 2010

... magic

isn't bread magic? it's amazing that you can turn this...

bread dough

... into this!

loaves

it doesn't matter how many times i bake bread, i still marvel that it always seems to work. though i know i shouldn't be surprised since i almost always use my trusty tassajara basic bread recipe. so, so good.

seeds

i keep a jar of mixed seeds (flax, sunflower, black and white sesame) in the fridge for whenever i have the urge to make bread. so, so handy.

french toast

and you know what else is magic? turning your homemade bread into french toast the next day. so, so delicious.

3 comments:

  1. I love freshly baked bread - I hate it when I don't have time to make it and we have to have store bought for a few days. Bagels, english muffins and brioche are all pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is magic! Every time, I am amazed at the dough rising and also when it bakes into something resembling what I might buy at a bakery.

    I have to try this recipe! Have been reading so much about it. That seeds-in-a-jar idea is a good one; I do the same thing with oatmeal toppings and it makes breakfast much easier.

    ReplyDelete