Tuesday, November 30, 2010

... november in retrospect

paperbark in the snow

i just can't let november completely pass by without posting something. i'll be honest, this month really slipped through my fingers. i've felt one step behind in nearly everything. and when i look back on the month it almost seems like i accomplished nothing. and yet, when i look at some of my pictures from the month, i know i did at least a little something.

modern quilt guild meeting

modern quilt guild meeting

modern quilt guild meeting

modern quilt guild meeting

modern quilt guild meeting

like attend a modern quilt guild meeting and admire the work of my amazing quilting cohorts. aren't these projects so inspiring?

snowy yard

beautyberry in the snow

and experience the first snow of the year, which surprised us seattleites who aren't used to so much white stuff so early in the season (or at all, for that matter). never mind that the snowpocalypse came just when our furnace fan decided to go kaput. sure, we had two and half days of no heat while it was about 12 degrees out, but it was an adventure. right?

right?

pumpkin pie

buttermilk rolls

i got to do some thanksgiving baking and made a maple pumpkin pie (yum!) and some seriously delicious buttermilk rolls (via rice and wheat via michael ruhlman).

string blocks (together)

tree quilt

and i did a little sewing myself, though not at all enough. i finished some bee blocks (and mailed them out in time... yay me!) and managed to piece the top for the tree quilt for do. good stitches. seriously, how great is this quilt top? if it wouldn't be so wrong to keep it for myself, i would, i love it that much. i am constantly impressed with the creativity and diversity that comes from this little group of sewists.

here's to hoping the next month brings some more inspiration and magic.

but i have a feeling that good things are in store for me in december.

a very good feeling.

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely adore that tree quilt! Love the variety of little trees. And your baking looks scrummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time is flying by here as well. That pie looks delicious, and the photo with the snow on the purple berries is just fabulous... it even makes me think of snow as beautiful... and I hate snow.

    Love your blog and your quilts! Happy December :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. November totally flew by. I think time speeds up at this time of year. Your rolls look amazing, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Rachel - this time of year goes by in a flash! I love how the tree quilt came out - I'd have a hard time giving it up too! I hope to see you at a guild meeting again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. November totally did fly by for me, too. I love love love the tree quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay buttermilk rolls! :) But seriously, let's talk more about that maple pumpkin pie...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our furnance konked out just as the snow hit, too. But, we got lucky here in Central PA. The snow held off til December. "Adventure" is a good way to put it, but I'm glad I'm not the only one:)

    The buttermilk rolls look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the trees, can't wait to see it quilted.

    ReplyDelete