Wednesday, March 16, 2011

... pieced party napkins

party napkin quilt top

my party napkins quilt top is finally finished. whew!

party napkin quilt top

thankfully, i am still in love with it. though i am stumped as to what to do with the back. my heart is telling me to stick with all solids, but my head wants to add in a print. or maybe it's vice versa. honestly, i can't tell which body part is talking anymore.

ranunculus

and monday brought an early spring trip up to swanson's to see what's going on in the plant world. this table of ranunculus was so lovely, with the most beautiful, electric, saturated colors. needless to say, we brought some home to brighten up our porch.

11 comments:

  1. I adore the colors you chose for your quilt! This would fit right in at my house. I had to promise myself to not start quilting, since I have so many hobbies/passions already, but this is mighty convincing... - emily from takofibers

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about stripes for the back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love it! The colors in your quilt are amazing, and I love how modern the quilt looks. Your quilt has inspired me to make a quilt entirely out of solids. I also just purchased some ranunculus for my front steps last weekend in pink and yellow. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous quilt and gorgeous shot! For what it's worth, you could go with a tonal print for the back. It'd be half solid/half print =). I just bought some Kaufman Heath print. so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this quilt! I have to stop looking at it or else I'll change my mind about the one I just started!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks absolutely fantastic. I can see why you would be conflicted about whether to use solids or a print, though! I wonder if you could find a print that had several of the colors in the top?

    I can't wait to see your progress on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness this quilt is fantastic! I love it! Great work! Someone above suggested strips, and I think that's a great idea! Maybe solid charcoal with a couple of pieced stripes of the other colors?

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow - stunning quilt! just discovered your blog, and they are all gorgeous, but had to stop and comment here, stunning! i'd go solid back, with a couple really big bright triangles agaisnt a dark background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished mine and was looking to see if you had yours up for a link.

    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete