Tuesday, April 12, 2011

... projects in motion

there are lots of little things going on around here, despite the quiet. the read-a-thon was terrific. i managed to make it nearly 19 hours before my tired, pregnant body forced me to finally go to sleep. but i read a lot of great books and had the perfect day relaxing at home doing one of the things i love most.

quilting

for the past two weeks i've been working on a special project that i haven't been ready to show off yet, but i finished quilting it today and i anticipate being done by this weekend.

teddy in a baby hat

i also finished this sweet baby cap (pattern and notes on ravelry) for our little snowdrop. since i didn't have my own baby's head on which to model the hat, i let my childhood teddy bear model it for you all. isn't he the cutest?

teddy hat profile

i love the all the points and the little chin strap tie. so cute! (cute enough to erase the memory of how difficult a time i had with the pattern and how many times i had to rip it out and start again.) i knit up the 6 month size since that will be about the age of my little one when winter sets in.

i still have to block it (blocking... ugh) but otherwise, it feels so very good to finish something for my baby.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's one of my favorite little hats! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ara Jane, I recently discovered your blog and completely charmed by it and you. I have passed along to the Stylish Blogger Award. To learn more about it please go to smazoochie.blogspot.
    Cheers, Beth

    p.s. I'm sorry to announce this to you as a comment on a post, but couldn't figure another way.

    ReplyDelete