Sunday, July 31, 2011

… my modern quilt guild peeps

snowdrop quilt

last week (or maybe the week before… who knows, right?) katie came by for a visit bearing gifts and food, two things most welcome in this household. she presented little ingrid with a quilt made by the ladies of the seattle modern quilt guild. isn't it the prettiest?

snowdrop quilt

i especially love the embroidery (thank you, melissa!) which makes this quilt that much more special. and see how much ingrid likes it?

i'm so looking forward to seeing all my quilt guild ladies at a sew-in soon so i can thank you all in person!

11 comments:

  1. It's beautiful (almost as much as Ingrid)!!! I've definitely got to make more time to come play with the ladies in the Modern Quiltin Guild ... this is fabulous! Hope things are going a little smoother for you as time wears on! She is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The embroidery is wonderful! And Ingrid looks so happy on her new quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so pretty! and your babe is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely gift! And such a gorgeous baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what beautiful colors. Ingrid is definitely pleased =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I LOVE the photos. Been thinking of you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful bright eyes. Are they violet, or is that just the quilt effect?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely darling quilt for your beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. dan: her eyes are a very slatey grey at the moment. i think you're right, the quilt is making them appear violet. such a magic quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your baby is just precious, and that quilt is amazing. What a thoughtful gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful -- baby and quilt! So glad I found your blog. Have you ever looked at mine? My entries from 2006 (when Jack was born) are .. well .. interesting. I really, really struggled. with. everything. I think there is a lot of BS around feelings we are supposed to have when they have children. I have my theories about why that is .. The transition to happy parent was a long and arduous one for me but it's an experience I still highly recommend. I am elated I have two. I feel very lucky. If you need to read someone who wasn't as graceful as you are as a new parent: thebabymonkey.blogspot.com - then go to archives. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete