Wednesday, October 12, 2011

… outings

quilt pressing

i am slowly but surely working on the august quilt for do. good stitches. i had it on the ironing board, pressing in progress, when i had to stop work and attend to other things. the next day i caught this scene as i walked by the sewing room and it looked so perfectly lovely i couldn't resist the shot.

i did end up going with the light flax linen for sashing. it started to grow on me and now i do love it. i also picked up backing fabric so, if everything goes right, i can have it finished in the next week or two.

lq&tm

last weekend we took a little day trip up to la conner for the annual quilt festival at the la conner quilt & textile museum. it was mostly an excuse to get out of town on a gorgeous day. and also look at quilts. that was nice, too.

kiss

i have a pretty terrific little family.

14 weeks

fabric: jessica jones tulip in dusk (from the outside oslo collection)

14 weeks! she's a keeper.

7 comments:

  1. I love the face Ingrid's making in that family picture... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh pretty quilt. you are so cute, ara jane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outings are good! Great photos! Looks like last weekend was a crafts fair type of weekend. Hope you enjoyed the quilt museum. Last Saturday I went to the local fall arts/crafts festival, and saw a lot of quilts, and thought, "man, I want to learn to quilt". Actually, there is a quilting museum in my hometown where I grew up. I've been eyeing their website ( www.vaquiltmuseum.org/index.html ). I've never been, but am thinking I might go one weekend when I am back visiting my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the family photo. So great to see you :)
    The quilt looks lovely - a bit like a stained glass window.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilt. Ingrid's face is so cute in that photo.

    ReplyDelete