Wednesday, December 28, 2011

… handmade christmas gifts

pencil roll

i am so glad i had a chance to make at least a couple of christmas gifts this year. it seemed like i had all the time in the world and then, whoosh! christmas was here and all those things i wanted to finish had to be set aside for another time. was i still sewing on christmas eve? you betcha!

pencil roll

but i squeezed in some time to make my nephew his own pencil roll. i made one for his sister last year, and he seemed to like hers quite a bit, so i figured this was a guaranteed winner.


pencil roll

i tried to make sure i didn't use any of the same prints for the inside that i did for my niece's pencil roll, and without checking first it turns out i only used one--the same print i used for white. i have very few white-dominant fabrics, it seems.

pencil roll

the outer fabric is by kokka, something i've had in my stash for quite a while just waiting for the perfect project. and i found the perfect red twill tape at joann to finish it off.

25 weeks

fabric: nancy mims of mod green pod poppies in aqua (from the pick a bunch collection)

and, oh my goodness, suddenly my baby looks very grown up! how and when did this happen?

2 comments:

  1. Aria LOVES your colored pencil holder. She says "wow" they have like every color. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I've been meaning to make this for me for quite some time...but there's just not enough hours in the day. Yours turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete