Wednesday, March 21, 2012

… blogging in my head

i can't be the only one who does this, right? that is, write entire blog posts in my head and then never actually post them. if it was possible to write posts and update my blog with just the power of my mind, i would probably post every day. in fact, i think i composed this one in my head over a week ago.

someone once told me that really creative people have this thing where they can imagine doing things so clearly that they often actually think they've done them when they haven't. this happens to me all the time. usually in the form of thinking i've responded to emails (i'm terrible at replying to emails) or calling people back (i'm even worse at this).

so, let's pretend that i'm actually super creative and not just incredibly lazy. plus, most often lately, my day is filled with all things baby and, really, what can i say about that that hasn't already been said? you are all already too sweet to humor me by letting me get away with posting so many photos of my little snowdrop already, i can't imagine what would happen if i showed you all what my days are really like.

anyhows, in the last couple of weeks i have mind-blogged about:

Manzanita, Oregon

Baby's first swim!

My haul from Cool Cottons in Portland

our trip to portland and the oregon coast.

Soda bread!

baking the best ever irish soda break for st. patrick's day.

It's not a trip to Bainbridge Island without a trip to Mora

visiting my parents on bainbridge island and eating delicious ice cream from mora.

The home stretch!

being thisclose to completing my abc crewel sampler.

Getting there...

not to mention nearly completing all my arkansas traveler blocks.

Happy little stack

getting my delicious stack of flea market fancy in the mail.

35 weeks

fabric: liz scott time for tea in aqua (from the domestic bliss collection)

36 weeks

fabrics: timeless treasures video game goons in black (from the totally 80s collection)

37 weeks

fabric: denyse schmidt posie in turqoise (from the flea market fancy collection)

and, of course, my lovely little baby.

so, are there any other fellow mind-bloggers out there?

13 comments:

  1. I totally do this too! I like your theory on creative people imagining they've done things, I am now going to use it as an excuse for everything I forget to do! :) Thanks for that!

    Your daughter is so adorable, I get so happy when I see her pop up in my instagram feed! She's too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a cute post! and, yes, i do blog in my mind. and then later when i try to recapture the thoughts, the mood is gone.

    the pics of your babe are so cute! it's fun to see her grow up on fabric! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, mind blogging happens! Usually they make great real blogs too. Your zippy version was fun =).

    And, I love Ingrid. Glad the cloth diapers are working for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a total mind blogger... wish i had the time to blog as much as i do in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I mind blog and mind email all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I love Mora ice cream!
    And I can't wait for the day where just thinking about something actually gets it done. Any day now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean. I have sewn / created so many things in my mind that I must buy a new house for everything... Unfortunately I didn't. But that's what happens when you have much more little time than wishes / inspiration and ideas.
    I love to see the progress of your Arkansas Traveler quilt 'though.
    I thought of you recently. You wrote a couple of posts ago that you find it hard to find fabric for the weekly snowdrop photo. Why don't you use a quilt to document the progress of growing beginning at some point? I love the idea. Take a photo of your little one on a big quilt and then you can see how she grows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto. And gosh that is one of the cutesy babies ever!! She's almost as cute as mine. Mine is 16 now, though, which might make your little snowdrop cuter than mine. Temporarily, or at least that's what my friends keep saying. For now I appreciate seeing the beautiful smiles of your baby - and of course the wonderful fabric and quilts, too. Thank you for sharing what you love. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so not alone. I totally do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, nowadays, I almost exclusively blog in my head! It's hard for me to imagine a time when I kept up a blog, so to speak, on a much more regular basis. Yeah, I miss it, and at the same time, just the thought of keeping up my own site is overwhelming. I've even thought about moving to a completely different place where I can start fresh, and yet the thought of keeping a blog still seems daunting. And yet I still love reading what other people write--even commenting on what others write--and therefore, I hope that all of the bloggers I do read don't start to mind-blog, because, alas, I can't read minds.
    I love the "baby's first swim" photo. Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. During my regular life, I mostly just mind-Facebook-status, which seems to be about all I have time for. But when I'm away -- spending time in Korean or Japan, for example, and maintaining a real blog -- I mind-blog constantly. In fact, it's something of a problem, since I think it can interfere with an unmediated experience of life. I often have four or five mind-blogs going at once, undergoing constant review and revision. In the end most of them do become real blogs, but sometimes I lose interest, or the real-world events have slipped too far into the past, and the blogs never materialize.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, that looks like my back yard! Well, if I was a crow and could fly 5 miles west. :o) I am CONSTANTLY writing posts in my head. If only you could have read the one I did when I went to Bainbridge Island and went to Mora and got a cone before heading back to Astoria. I took lots of photos too. Great post in my head. I never did blog it or even put it on my flickr. Mind-blogging - I love your term for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YES. Mind blogging.

    LOVE those pics of the baby, what a great idea to use the fabric as backdrop!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete