Tuesday, July 17, 2012

… blocks and blocks and blocks

there are a few good things on my design wall right now.

x & + blocks

these three x & + blocks are making me insanely happy. i have jessica to blame for this. i just loved the quilt top she finished during our sewing retreat so much, i couldn't help but dive into making these blocks myself (using this tutorial). mine are way scrappy, meaning i just pulled whatever i had on hand from my scrap bins, not caring at all if the fabrics looked good together or matched. i maybe should have paid more attention to value, but nothing bothers me enough to change it. and rather than make this all by myself, i think i will make this the next project for the love circle of do. good stitches. so watch out, stitchers! this is what's coming your way next month!

converging corners

converging corners blocks

i also just finished up these two blocks for the july do. good stitches quilt. and i am seriously in love with them. deborah asked for blocks in reds, blues, and yellows with pops of grey, using this tutorial. the colors are great, and it's going to look so amazing when it's all put together. [swoon!]

half circles

and i finally managed to finish this block i started on the retreat. i am super happy with where this is going, though parts of it aren't exactly right. i plan on playing around with the design to see what will come of it. but for now it's going to become a pillow!

10 comments:

  1. I especially love that bottom one with the curvy ends, great colour combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your x&+ blocks! That quilt was a lot of work but I love how they turn out, if only I could have kept mine. That last block looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the x&+ blocks, too. I want to make some more (I have done two so far) myself, too.
    And I love the last block of this post. It looks just wonderful. That would be something for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous blocks!! I need to get on my do. Goood blocks for this month. I have just been so completely swamped lately!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your curvy block turned out so amazing! I can't wait to see where that idea takes you next. And your dgs blocks look great, too! I think Deborah's quilt will be awesome. Can't wait to make x & + blocks for you next month. I still haven't made any, so it will be the kick I need to do so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have x&+ blocks that i need to make this month too! yours look really great! i love your dgs blocks too, it is going to be a beautiful quilt. i need to start thinking about what i am going to do for my next month, oh crap, i think it is next month! ha! love your curvy block too, i can't wait to see it as a pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, good! I haven't made the x & + block yet and it's high time. Thanks, Ara!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so stunning, you are a very talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently had an idea what you can make of your fabric you chose for the weekly photos: make a twin sized quilt for your girl. She will recognize the fabrics someday when seeing the photos. I love the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I was reading your blog post I thought that the first blocks would make a great quilt for Do. Good Stitches when I'm a quilter next month. Then I saw that you are doing that! Haha. Great minds think alike. I love the scrapiness of yours. I think I may have block envy!

    ReplyDelete