Tuesday, July 31, 2012

… a gift for my mom

ingrid isn't the only july baby in our family. my mom and i were both born this month, with our birthdays just six days apart. i've always liked having our birthdays so close. it means lots of good celebrations and sometimes fun vacations together. we went to new york in 1988 when i was a teenager to celebrate, a trip i will always remember and love. we saw starlight express and speed the plow, which starred madonna (see what happens when a teenager is allowed to pick the shows?). we saw the david hockney retrospective at the met, and since that trip he has always been one of my favorite artists. i'm sure i gave my mom some typical teenager grief (there may have been an incident where i was so mortified that she asked someone for directions i walked on the other side of the street for several blocks), but i adore my mom and i always will.

ipad case for mom

so i was thinking about the rousing games of words with friends i play with my mom now (and how she is one of my most formidable competitors) when deciding what to give her for her birthday. i thought her ipad could use a cozy new case, so i whipped one up using this tutorial from one shabby chick.

ipad case for mom

i used one of my favorite outside oslo prints and lined it with some gorgeously soft shot cotton. the tutorial was super easy to follow, and the case turned out super padded and cushy. i'm sure no harm will come to my mom's ipad when it's housed in this puppy.

ipad case for mom

happy birthday, mom! i know this is small thing and doesn't even come close to showing how much i love and admire you, but i hope you like it.

5 comments:

  1. Super cute case! My daughter needs one for her kindle, so I am off to check out the tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Thanks for the link to Amber's tutorial too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great bag. I have been thinking about whipping one up for myself. Thanks for sharing the link and thanks for sharing about you and your mom. It was a great story :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your mom! That's an awesome case. I seriously cannot get enough Outside Oslo. I used all of mine; must. get. more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday to arajanes momma! i hope she had a great day and i bet she did with that awesome case! you are such a sweetie pie to use your outside oslo fabric for it! you must love her!

    ReplyDelete