Monday, January 28, 2013

… bee business

rocky road to kansas

i'm feeling quite productive this january. at least for me. before i turned my attention back to my pearl bracelet trip around the world quilt, i wanted to get some bee business out of the way.

rocky road to kansas

for january's do. good stitches love circle quilt deborah asked for foundation paper-pieced blocks using this tutorial and template from fresh lemons quilts. as an extra bonus stash fabrics sent us a bag of scraps to use for these blocks, which was awesome. there were some lovelies in my bag, and i added in a few of my own. i love the look of this block and am sure it will make a spectacular quilt.

wichita planes foundation paper-pieced block

i also made this sweet little block for a special project. i bought the pattern--called wichita planes--from equiltpatterns. paper piecing is fun and i love how precise and clean everything looks, but it was starting to hurt my brain, especially because this one didn't tell you what size to cut the pieces, and apparently estimating that kind of thing is not my forte.

geese colors

and now february is my month to make the quilt for do. good stitches. i'm into flying geese so i'm asking everyone to make me any kind of geese blocks they want in this color palette. seriously, i'm really digging these colors right now. i think this one will be super fun.

3 comments:

  1. Such pretty blocks posted! And that stack of fabric is just great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks for both projects look amazing! I love that wichita star.

    And hooray for that palette! Going to check out your post asap and then digging into the stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woa, that wichita star is IMPRESSIVE. Looks fun to make!

    ReplyDelete