Thursday, January 24, 2013

… my second christmas quilt

triangles2

yay for finishes! i was finally able to complete my second gifted christmas quilt for my other brother-in-law. only a few weeks late (ahem).

triangles5

i kind of struggled with this one. it started with a stack of fabrics from my mother-in-law's stash that were red, white and blue, but my husband took one look and nixed that palette. too patriotic. so i decided to add some yellow, but then it looked too much like a little boy's quilt. so i pulled out the brighter yellow and added in a little bit of teal and some grey. i think that made it a little more interesting, but still, looking at the photos after the fact, part of me is still not quite happy with these colors. oh well. i do love the triangles, though!

triangles3

the back is very simply pieced, but you can see the quilting a bit better here. i simply followed the triangles with some straight-line quilting. i like the look. i think i will always love straight line quilting.

photobombed

triangles4

and it appears i have a little photobomber on my hands. i could not keep her off this quilt, for reals. good thing she's cute.

4 comments:

  1. Oh that is a super cute little photo bomber! And a lovely quilt! Have you given it to your brother in law yet? I'm crossing my fingers for a better reaction this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "photo bomber" what a cute little label. She ups the goodness factor for sure. But, honestly, my first impression was to enjoy the colors. Looks very sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so very cute, and I can see why she loves the quilt! Triangles are awesome, and I agree; straight line quilting is the bestest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like triangles, too, and little ones using quilts is always nice, too.

    ReplyDelete