Friday, January 4, 2013

… playing catch up

in my combined sloth and stupor of the last few months, i neglected to share a few bits and bobs i made.

shoo fly blocks for jacey (november do. good stitches)

shoo fly blocks for jacey for the november do. good stitches love circle quilt.

6 point stars

english paper-pieced six-point stars for rachel for the october do. good stitches quilt. (see the beautiful finished quilt here.)

more curves

more drunkard's path-style curves for a pillow set that i just can't seem to finish. someday… someday.

toscakake

and this delicious toscakake that i baked for christmas eve. it's a traditional norwegian cake that has a caramelized almond topping that was beyond delicious. recipe from scandinavian classic baking. both the cookbook and the cake are highly recommended.

8 comments:

  1. sorry...I was enjoying your blocks till I saw that CAKE! Boy it sounds and looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the cake my Mum (84)used to bake - she still makes cake - but not Toscacakes anymore.

    I just had to forward a recipe - although if it is in Norwgian.

    http://www.matprat.no/oppskrifter/gjester/toscakake

    "Vissi d'arte, vissi d'amore, non feci mail male ad anima viva!" Puccini's Tosca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shoo fly in a shoo fly! They are all great blocks and I adore the mix of prints in your drunkard's path blocks. But, yes, that cake! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing I could reach through this screen and taste that cake. Sounds so different!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, the cake sounds tasty! I am quilting up the shoo-fly project this week. And I agree; Rachel's EPP quilt turned out marvelous! Still loving your drunkard's path project. The colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - your curvy blocks are awesome. Well, all of them really! And sigh...the cake...yeah...I want some! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you had me at caramelized almond topping! love your blocks! those curves are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I get that recipe? I still dream of these almond cakes I had in Amsterdam and wish I could have found a recipe for them. Great with tea!

    ReplyDelete