Monday, January 14, 2013

… tripping along

i could not resist. i had to join in the fun. it started here.

scrappy trip along

and then it grew.

scrappy trip along

plus, my scrap baskets were overflowing and this seemed like a good way to put a dent in the many, many scraps i have accumulated. or at least, i am telling myself that to justify launching into a new project while i have so very many other things to be sewing.

scrappy trip along

i think i'll stop here. it will make a nice baby or very small lap quilt.

I just couldn't help myself. #scrappytripalong

(oh, but then this also may have happened. whoops.)

15 comments:

  1. gorgeous! Love the rows of lower volume squares to offset the brights. And the bracelets are rather fab too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am totally and completely IN LOVE with the pearl bracelet block. seriously!!! gahhh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun - I'm a fan of the bracelets too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this-- and oh, those pearl bracelets, such a good choice for this quilt! I also am a fan of your layout, I love how it changes things up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful.

    I think scrap quilts are my favourite of all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the layout of your baby quilt. And the colors. and everything. Let's hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this may well be my favourite of these I've seen popping up everywhere ! Love the way the colours sparkle and the pattern is off centre.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic! After seeing so many planned (purpose bought fabrics) quilts over the years - I'm really starting to fall hard for the scrap quilts. Back to basics...

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this so much! once i finish my "have to sew" pile i am diving in! i love your layout so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not only is your quilt GORGEOUS - I especially adore the off centre layout you have chosen - but also your last comment made me giggle and giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your trip along, it just glows!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super fun! You've got lots of glorious scraps in there. And pearl bracelets! YIKES!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your variation and block placement! Just beautiful

    ReplyDelete