*this is an old picture. i mostly still look like this
so i'm adding myself to the modern quilt guild linky party and sharing five things about myself. here goes.
1. i went to a women's college and majored in theater. seven years later i went back to school and got a masters in acupuncture and traditional chinese medicine. i practiced and taught acupuncture for five years. i am now a stay at home mom and even though i wouldn't want to be doing anything else right now, i still feel embarrassed when people ask me what i do for a living. i hope to get over that someday.
2. i've only been quilting for about four years. before that i never really did any sewing, aside from pegging my jeans in high school.
3. it feels like i am the only person on the face of the planet who doesn't really like text fabric. i know, i'm sorry. i've seen some really lovely quilts that use it, but it's just not for me.
4. my husband and i eloped in new york city. it was one of the highlights of my life. i would recommend eloping to anyone. new york city is also pretty awesome, too.
5. i don't really like to travel, i used to have a paralyzing fear of flying, and i'm painfully shy around new people. despite all this, i'm still pretty excited to be going to quiltcon. that says something, right?
hope to see you there!